Weller Art Deco Antique Sgnd Velva Art Pot Matte Glzd Aqua Grn Sm Handled Vase
WELLER ART DECO EARLY 20TH CENTURY AME RI CAN VINTAGE SIGNED'VELVA' ART POTTERY, MATTE GLAZED AQUA GREEN, SMALL 5 in HEIGHT, CLASSICALLY STYLED. Early 20th century Weller Art Deco Ame ri can vintage decorative ceramic vases & art pottery. 5 1/4" Height x 4 1/4" top Diameter x 4 Width (body). X 2 1/4 base Diameter. For sale is this very nice, early 20th century Weller signed vintage aqua green glazed Velva, diminutive art pottery vase, with classical form, featuring stout side curled handles, with floral footings. The beautiful glaze, a signature Weller Art Deco color from its Velva line of period art pottery, was made between WWI and WWII and is circa 1928 to 1933.
Its well-constructed, thick ceramic sidewalls have the most extraordinary and complex milky turquoise glaze, with episodes of deep sea moss, as well as instances of mottled, creamy mint green and deeper aqua green colors. The matte-satin surfaces are only somewhat reflective and allow the complex colors of the glaze to be readily seen and enjoyed without sheen and reflected light. The vessel's form consists of a fluted foot, that ascends into a bulbous body, that pinches toward the center of the vase and then turns quickly upwards and ascends outwards in a funnel-like design.
On both sides are two intact, slightly curled handles with floral feet. It should be, it's by Weller, one of the most venerated names in early 20th century Ame ri can vintage ceramic art.
Good to Very Good overall vintage condition. This item is in the category "Pottery & Glass\Decorative Pottery & Glassware\Vases". The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Art pottery: Ceramic vessel
- Art Deco styling: Classical influenced form
- Stout side handles: Curled side handles w/floral feet
- Style: Art Deco
- Material: Clay
- Original/Reproduction: Vintage Original
- Variegated aqua green glaze: Milky turquoise colored glaze
- Matte/satin finish: Slightly, semi-reflective eggshell finish
- Authentic: Original
- 100% original vintage condition: Untouched & undisturbed
- Americans: Vintage
- Art Deco: Produced between WWI & WWII
- Early 20th century: Circa 1928-1933
- Matte glazed: Surface glaze crazing & crackling
- Object Type: Vase
- Signed: Signed 'Weller Pottery'
- Signed in cursive writing on base: Cleated, raised, unglazed base rim
- Color: Aqua green (milky turquoise)
- Manufacturer: Weller
- Brand: Weller
- Production Style: Art Pottery